Home Blood Test
Unlock the secret to optimal health and well-being with our Elite Vitamin Profile, a comprehensive assessment of your Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, and Folate levels. These essential vitamins play a crucial role in your overall health, affecting everything from energy levels to bone health and mood.
How to use
- Vitamin Profile Test is mostly performed by drawing a blood sample from the patient.
- a. Fasting: You may need to fast (no eating or drinking for 8-12 hours) before the test. Some vitamins, such as Vitamin A and E, are affected by recent food intake. Your doctor will give you specific instructions.
- b. Blood Draw: The healthcare professional will clean the area on your arm and insert a small needle to draw blood. Try to relax and stay calm to ease the process.
- c. Capsule or Liquid Vitamins: If you are taking any vitamin supplements like capsules or liquid vitamins, make sure you notify your doctor prior. It can affect the test results.
- d. Prescription Medication: If you are on any other prescription medication, it is important to tell your doctor. Some medications may affect your vitamin levels.
- e. Timing: The best time to do a vitamin profile test is usually in the morning.
- It's crucial to follow the exact instructions provided by your healthcare professional or lab technician. After the blood is drawn, it's sent to the laboratory for analysis and you can receive your test results in a few days.
- Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid), Vitamin B6, Vitamin B7 (Biotin), Vitamin B9 (Folate), Vitamin B12, Calcium, Iron, Zinc, Magnesium, Potassium.
Side Effects & Cautions
- A Vitamin Profile test typically does not carry any significant side effects as it is a simple blood draw. However, some people might experience:
- Slight pain or bruise at the site of needle insertion
- Minor bleeding
- Fainting or lightheadedness
- Infection at the site of needle insertion (rare)
- For the best results, it is necessary to follow the instructions given by the healthcare provider, such as fasting before the test if needed. It's also important to disclose any medications or supplements you are taking, as they could affect the test results. Always consult your healthcare provider if you have any concerns.
- Overdosing: Too much intake of any vitamin can be harmful and may lead to adverse side effects.
- Allergic Reactions: Some people may experience allergic reactions to certain vitamins. Always discuss with your healthcare provider before starting any new supplement regimen.
- Interaction with Medications: Vitamins can interact with certain medications and health conditions, potentially causing serious complications. Consult a professional before mixing supplements with prescribed medications.
- Not a Substitute for a Balanced Diet: Vitamins must not be used as a substitute for a balanced diet. They are meant to supplement your diet, not replace it.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Some vitamins can be harmful if taken during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. Always consult your healthcare provider.
- Children and Elderly: Extra precautions should be taken when giving vitamins to children or elderly as they can be more sensitive to their effects.
- Check the Expiry Date: Avoid taking expired vitamins as they can lose effectiveness and may be harmful.
Patient Information Leaflet
Worried About Your Health?
A blood test can be the key to uncovering the root causes of persistent tiredness and other concerning signs. It's a straightforward step towards in-depth health insights.
Monitoring a health condition?
If you have health concerns or are managing a condition, blood tests offer a crucial window into your body's status. They're a key resource for managing your well-being.
Seeking a Performance Boost?
Whether you're gearing up for a competitive event or simply eager to gauge your fitness advancements, a blood test offers an insightful starting point.
Blood Test Results in Three Easy Steps
Whether you use a home test or have your sample taken with one of our qualified pharmacists, our blood tests are quick and easy to use.
Our Most-Requested Blood Tests
Real life stories
What our patients say
Helped me discover my health!
Being adopted, I have always been unsure of my medical history, so getting insight was important to me. A positive and enlightening experience from start to finish.
I was tired and cold at strange times. After taking the thyroid test, my TSH levels were elevated, and I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. A quick and easy test changed my life.
Committed me to health
I changed my lifestyle and now regulate my sugar intake, religiously check my HbA1c every month and complete the health profile every six months. The tests have kept me committed to my health.