Home Blood Test
Discover vital insights into your well-being with our Essential Testosterone Check, a key home test that evaluates your testosterone levels. Testosterone, the principal male sex hormone, governs numerous crucial functions in the body. Its levels in men are significantly higher than in women and are responsible for most of the physical differences between the sexes. For adult males, it regulates sex drive, sustains muscle mass, and aids in sperm production.
How to use
- Purchase a Testosterone Check Kit from a reputable health care provider. Ensure that the kit is FDA-approved for accuracy and reliability.
- Before starting, read all the instructions provided in the kit thoroughly and understand the process.
- Wash your hands with warm soapy water before you start the test. Dry your hands properly.
- The kit typically consists of a sterile lancet for pricking your finger. Give your hand a shake to encourage blood flow and then gently prick the tip of your cleaned finger using the lancet.
- Collect the small amount of blood on the test card provided in the kit or squeeze few drops into a test tube, as directed by the instructions.
- Allow the blood to dry if needed and then carefully pack it in the return envelope usually provided in the kit. Kindly follow the instructions on how to pack this sample.
- Mail the sample to the lab using the pre-paid envelope. Remember, the sample has to reach the lab within a stipulated time, so mail it as soon as possible.
- Results are usually available online within few days, you will be given a secure login to retrieve and read your results.
- Consult a healthcare provider if your testosterone levels are outside the normal reference range displayed along with the results.
- Remember, this test is mainly for screening and should not replace your regular doctor visits. Always consult a healthcare provider for personalized advice.
- Saliva or blood sample
Side Effects & Cautions
- Testosterone check is usually a blood test, which is generally safe with minimal risks. But some possible side effects could include:
- Minor Pain or bruising at the puncture site
- Fainting or feeling lightheaded
- Hematoma (blood accumulating under the skin)
- Infection (a slight risk any time the skin is broken)
- Make sure the laboratory professional is aware if you have a bleeding disorder or are on blood-thinning medications as these can affect the results or lead to excessive bleeding.
- Inform your doctor beforehand if you are on any medication, as certain drugs can affect testosterone levels.
- Avoid heavy exercise or strenuous physical activity before the test as it can temporarily increase testosterone levels.
- Limit alcohol consumption and avoid smoking before the test.
- Follow fasting guidelines, if provided by your doctor.
- Make sure you are well-rested as lack of sleep can affect testosterone levels.
- Do not attempt to tamper with the test in any way.
- Report any abnormal symptoms or discomfort during or after the test.
- Consult with your doctor both before and after the test to understand the results better.
Patient Information Leaflet
Worried About Your Health?
A blood test can be the key to uncovering the root causes of persistent tiredness and other concerning signs. It's a straightforward step towards in-depth health insights.
Monitoring a health condition?
If you have health concerns or are managing a condition, blood tests offer a crucial window into your body's status. They're a key resource for managing your well-being.
Seeking a Performance Boost?
Whether you're gearing up for a competitive event or simply eager to gauge your fitness advancements, a blood test offers an insightful starting point.
Blood Test Results in Three Easy Steps
Whether you use a home test or have your sample taken with one of our qualified pharmacists, our blood tests are quick and easy to use.
Our Most-Requested Blood Tests
Real life stories
What our patients say
Helped me discover my health!
Being adopted, I have always been unsure of my medical history, so getting insight was important to me. A positive and enlightening experience from start to finish.
I was tired and cold at strange times. After taking the thyroid test, my TSH levels were elevated, and I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. A quick and easy test changed my life.
Committed me to health
I changed my lifestyle and now regulate my sugar intake, religiously check my HbA1c every month and complete the health profile every six months. The tests have kept me committed to my health.