Home Blood Test
Take control of your health with our Complete Allergy Test, the most comprehensive allergy panel in the UK, testing for 295 allergens. Allergies are a common yet often neglected condition, affecting around one in four people. Many individuals do not take their allergies seriously, leading to complications such as hay fever, allergic asthma, or unnecessary dietary restrictions.
How to use
- Choose the location: Choose an area that's easy for you to reach such as your forearm or the back. Make sure the skin is clean and dry.
- Apply the allergen solution: Using the provided applicator, place a small drop of each allergen solution on your skin. Start placing the drops at least an inch apart to prevent them from mixing.
- Create a slight abrasion: Using a lancet or tiny needle, create a shallow prick or scratch in your skin under each drop. Be cautious not to draw blood, as the objective is to just let the allergen penetrate the skin.
- Develop the test: Leave the solutions on the skin untouched for about 15 minutes to develop.
- Observe for reactions: After 15 minutes, gently wipe off the solutions and observe your skin’s reaction. Look for redness, swelling, or a raised bump, these are signs of an allergic reaction.
- Record the reactions: Note down on your allergy test chart the reactions each allergen caused.
- Consult with your healthcare provider: It's vital to share your allergy test results with your healthcare provider. They will further interpret the results and provide insight on your potential allergies and treatment.
- Clean your skin: After your observations, clean the area properly.
- Note: In case you notice severe reactions, remove the allergen immediately and consult with a healthcare professional. You may need prescription-strength hydrocortisone cream or an OTC antihistamine to control the reaction.
- Glycerin, histamine, allergen extracts (grass pollen, dust mites, animal dander, molds, food extracts), saline, purified water, sodium chloride, phenol, cotton swabs, alcohol wipes.
Side Effects & Cautions
- Skin Irritation: Prick/puncture tests can cause itching, redness, and swelling.
- False Positives/Negatives: It's possible to get inaccurate results, which could lead to unnecessary treatments or lack of treatment.
- Severe Allergic Reaction: In rare cases, allergy testing may cause a severe allergic reaction known as anaphylaxis, which requires immediate medical attention.
- Medication Interference: Certain medications can interfere with the results, so it is important to discuss all medications, supplements, and over-the-counter drugs with the doctor prior.
- Infection: As with any skin pricking or puncture, there is a slight risk of infection.
- Always consult with the doctor to understand risks and precautions before undergoing an allergy testing. It's critical to follow the doctor’s instructions carefully to help prevent potential side effects.
- Inform your healthcare provider about any medications you are currently taking, as some can interfere with the results.
- Avoid taking antihistamines prior to the test, as they can suppress allergic reactions.
- If you’ve experienced a severe allergic reaction in the past, discuss it with your doctor before the test.
- Do not eat or drink anything at least 8 hours prior if a blood allergy test is scheduled.
- Pregnant women and infants may need specialist advice before undertaking allergy tests.
- After the test, monitor the tested area for any additional signs of reactions and report to the doctor if symptoms worsen.
Patient Information Leaflet
Worried About Your Health?
A blood test can be the key to uncovering the root causes of persistent tiredness and other concerning signs. It's a straightforward step towards in-depth health insights.
Monitoring a health condition?
If you have health concerns or are managing a condition, blood tests offer a crucial window into your body's status. They're a key resource for managing your well-being.
Seeking a Performance Boost?
Whether you're gearing up for a competitive event or simply eager to gauge your fitness advancements, a blood test offers an insightful starting point.
Blood Test Results in Three Easy Steps
Whether you use a home test or have your sample taken with one of our qualified pharmacists, our blood tests are quick and easy to use.
Our Most-Requested Blood Tests
Real life stories
What our patients say
Helped me discover my health!
Being adopted, I have always been unsure of my medical history, so getting insight was important to me. A positive and enlightening experience from start to finish.
I was tired and cold at strange times. After taking the thyroid test, my TSH levels were elevated, and I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. A quick and easy test changed my life.
Committed me to health
I changed my lifestyle and now regulate my sugar intake, religiously check my HbA1c every month and complete the health profile every six months. The tests have kept me committed to my health.