Home Blood Test
Heart Health Profile
Empower your heart and take control of your health with our Premium Heart Health Home Test. This comprehensive home test includes key indicators of risks to your heart's health, including a full cholesterol profile, tests for inflammation, and a test for diabetes.
How to use
- Start by preparing well, avoid any strenuous activity or consumption of alcohol or any stimulating beverages 24 hours prior to the test.
- Schedule an appointment with your healthcare provider. They will take your medical history and carry out a physical examination.
- You will typically start with vitals such as blood pressure, pulse rate, temperature, and respiratory rate.
- You will undergo a blood test. This is to check your cholesterol levels, triglycerides, CRP, blood sugar, and other important heart-health markers. For this, you'll usually need to fast for at least 12 hours before the test.
- An Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG) and/or Echocardiogram may be conducted to measure the electrical activity of the heart and monitor its functioning.
- Depending on the initial findings and your doctor’s advice, you may undergo further tests like stress tests, CT scans or an angiogram.
- Post taking all the tests, your healthcare provider will review the results with you and discuss any risks or concerns related to your heart health. They will also suggest changes in lifestyle habits, medications or therapies if required.
- Always follow your healthcare provider's advice and instructions closely for accurate results. It's critical to inform them about any pre-existing conditions or medications you are already on. Further appointments may be necessary depending on your doctor’s recommendations. This might not be a single-day process, as further testing and follow-ups may be needed.
- Omega-3 fatty acids, whole grains, lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, seeds, low-fat dairy, green tea, dark chocolate, olive oil, garlic, flaxseeds, avocados, tomatoes, blueberries, chia seeds, red wine (in moderation), turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, leafy green vegetables.
Side Effects & Cautions
- Allergic Reaction: Rarely, some might experience an allergic reaction to the needle stick of blood tests.
- Hematoma: Sometimes, blood could accumulate under the skin causing a lump or bruise.
- Lightheadedness or Fainting: Fainting or feeling lightheaded can happen in some people.
- Infection: There's a slight risk of infection where the needle pierced your skin.
- Always provide your full medical history to the healthcare provider before the test.
- NOTE: This is meant to provide a general idea and doesn't include all possible side effects or precautions. Always consult with a healthcare professional for comprehensive info.
- Always consult a healthcare professional before starting any new medications or treatment plans.
- Maintain a balanced diet and regular exercise regimen.
- Regularly monitor blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Limit alcohol consumption and avoid smoking.
- Manage stress levels efficiently.
- Patients with pre-existing heart conditions should have regular check-ups.
- Immediately seek medical care for symptoms like chest pain, shortness of breath, or discomfort in the upper body.
- Do not ignore or avoid symptoms related to heart health.
Patient Information Leaflet
Worried About Your Health?
A blood test can be the key to uncovering the root causes of persistent tiredness and other concerning signs. It's a straightforward step towards in-depth health insights.
Monitoring a health condition?
If you have health concerns or are managing a condition, blood tests offer a crucial window into your body's status. They're a key resource for managing your well-being.
Seeking a Performance Boost?
Whether you're gearing up for a competitive event or simply eager to gauge your fitness advancements, a blood test offers an insightful starting point.
Blood Test Results in Three Easy Steps
Whether you use a home test or have your sample taken with one of our qualified pharmacists, our blood tests are quick and easy to use.
Our Most-Requested Blood Tests
Real life stories
What our patients say
Helped me discover my health!
Being adopted, I have always been unsure of my medical history, so getting insight was important to me. A positive and enlightening experience from start to finish.
I was tired and cold at strange times. After taking the thyroid test, my TSH levels were elevated, and I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. A quick and easy test changed my life.
Committed me to health
I changed my lifestyle and now regulate my sugar intake, religiously check my HbA1c every month and complete the health profile every six months. The tests have kept me committed to my health.