Robitussin Chesty Cough Medicine Sugar Free
Wednesday, 28 February 2024
How to use
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Use the dosage cup provided with the medication to measure the correct dose.
- The usual dose for adults and children over 12 years is 10ml, to be taken up to four times a day.
- For children aged between 6 to 12 years, the usual dose is 5ml, to be taken up to four times a day.
- Take the medicine by mouth.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose or take the medicine for longer than instructed by the healthcare provider.
- If symptoms persist or get worse, consult a healthcare provider.
- Always read the label and follow the instructions provided. This medicine is not recommended for children under 6 years unless advised by a healthcare provider.
- Guaifenesin, Sodium benzoate, Saccharin sodium, Glycerol
Side Effects & Cautions
- May cause dizziness or drowsiness. Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if affected.
- Some people may experience stomach upset, nausea or vomiting.
- Allergic reactions like rashes, hives, and itching could occur.
- Severe side effects could include chest pain, rapid heartbeat, or hallucinations. Seek immediate medical attention.
- Consult your doctor before use if you have a chronic lung condition or severe asthma.
- Always use the correct dose. Misuse can lead to serious harm, including risk of fatal heart conditions.
- Not suitable for children under 12 years.
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if symptoms persist after 7 days.
- Contains sorbitol, which may have a laxative effect in some people.
- Do not use in conjunction with alcohol or other CNS depressants.
- Always read the label and follow all instructions.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Avoid usage if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Consult a doctor before using if you have persistent or chronic cough.
- Do not use if you have severe heart or blood vessel disease, high blood pressure, or an overactive thyroid gland.
- Avoid using if pregnant or breastfeeding unless directed by a healthcare provider.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine.
- Do not use this medicine for more than 7 days without medical advice.
- It can cause dizziness; avoid driving or operating machinery until you know how it affects you.
- Consult your doctor before use if you have a respiratory or liver condition.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.