Nicorette Icy White Gum 2mg
How to use
- Before using, make sure your hands are clean.
- Begin using Nicorette Icy White Gum on your quit day.
- Chew the gum slowly until you taste a strong flavor or feel a tingling sensation in your mouth.
- Once you feel this, park the gum between your cheek and gums.
- Leave the gum in place without chewing for about a minute or until the taste or tingle is gone.
- Start chewing the gum again when the taste or tingle fades then park it back again in a different place in your mouth.
- Repeat this "chew and park" method for about 30 minutes or until the taste or tingle is completely gone.
- Use 1 piece of gum every 1-2 hours for the first 6 weeks of your quit attempt.
- Make sure to follow your doctor's instructions precisely and not to exceed 24 pieces of gum per day. It's also important to tell your doctor about all your other medicines and any health problems. And remember, Nicorette isn't a magic cure—it's a tool to help you quit smoking, and it only works as part of a bigger plan to break the habit.
- Nicotine, chewing gum base, xylitol, acesulfame potassium, sodium carbonate, menthol, peppermint oil, magnesium oxide, eucalyptus oil, butylated hydroxytoluene, titanium dioxide, talc
Side Effects & Cautions
- Nicotine gum can cause common side effects like headache, mouth soreness, jaw ache, hiccups, and heartburn.
- It may also cause more serious side effects like rapid or irregular heartbeat, redness or swelling of the mouth, persistent mouth problems or allergic reactions.
- The gum can be addictive so use should be limited to a few months unless your healthcare provider advises otherwise.
- Do not use nicotine gum if you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff, or other nicotine-containing products. Overdose symptoms may include severe dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, and weakness.
- This medication shouldn't be used if you are pregnant or breastfeeding unless prescribed by a healthcare provider.
- Do not eat or drink 15 minutes before or while chewing the gum as it may affect its effectiveness.
- Avoid using the gum directly after consuming acidic beverages like soda, coffee, and juice as they can reduce nicotine absorption.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets. Very small amounts of nicotine can cause severe poisoning in them.
- Do not use if allergic to nicotine or any ingredient in the gum.
- Not suitable for persons under 18 years.
- Consult doctor if pregnant, breastfeeding or suffering from a chronic illness.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage as it may cause addiction.
- If symptoms persist (like difficulty breathing or rashes), stop using immediately and seek medical assistance.
- Keep out of reach of children.