Flowflex Antigen Rapid Covid Test
Saturday, 02 March 2024
How to use
- Wash and dry your hands properly before starting the test.
- Open the sealed pouch and take out the test device and sample tube; avoid touching the test strip.
- Attach the dropper tip to the collection tube.
- Gently blow your nose and sanitize your hands again.
- Gently insert the swab about 1cm into the lower part of one of the nostrils and rotate it five times against the nostril wall.
- Repeat this procedure with the same swab in the other nostril.
- Insert the swab into the sample tube and, tightly squeeze the walls of the tube, swirl the swab around for 10 seconds.
- Press the swab against the tube while removing it to release the fluid, and dispose the swab in a bin.
- Place the dropper cap back onto the tube, ensuring it is properly sealed.
- Turn the sample tube upside down and squeeze 2 drops of the fluid onto the sample well (S) of the test device.
- Wait for 15-30 minutes and then read the result. Follow read result instruction on the manual.
- Dispose of the test safely in a bin.
- Please note: Do not read results after 30 minutes as this could give an inaccurate result. If you are unsure about any steps, consult the instructional manual or a healthcare professional.
- The test generally comprises of: Coronavirus antigens, nitrocellulose membrane, conjugate pad, sample pad, absorbent pad, plastic housing.
Side Effects & Cautions
- General precautions that should be taken with this test include:
- Do not use the test kit if the pack is damaged or after the expiration date.
- Do not eat, drink, or smoke while handling the test.
- Do not touch test strips.
- Make sure hands are clean before using the test.
- If any discomfort or reactions occur, contact a healthcare professional immediately.
- False negatives or positives are possible, therefore in case of contradictory or unlikely results, consider consulting a healthcare professional or taking another test.
- Remember, this is a diagnostic tool and should not replace proper medical advice. Always consult a healthcare provider if you're feeling unwell or have concerns about COVID-19 exposure.
- For in vitro diagnostic use only.
- Do not use the test after the expiration date.
- Read the instructions carefully before use.
- Not for self-testing, it should be administered by a healthcare professional.
- The test should be stored in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Do not use the test if the packing is damaged.
- Avoid touching the test strip.
- Use fresh samples for testing; delay may lead to inaccurate results.
- Dispose of the test kit safely after use, as it may be biohazardous.
- Negative results do not rule out the possibility of COVID-19 infection. If symptoms persist, seek medical advice immediately.