Elastoplast Wide Fixation Tape
Tuesday, 27 February 2024
Elastoplast Wide Fixation Tape is the perfect solution for securing dressings and devices to the skin. This 1m x 10cm bandage is made from a strong, durable material that stretches and moves with you. It is designed to provide secure and comfortable fixation, even under the most challenging conditions. With its strong adhesive, it won't slip or slide, giving you the confidence to go about your day without worrying about your dressings. Elastoplast Wide Fixation Tape is the ideal choice for securing dressings and devices to the skin.
How to use
- Prepare the area: Cleanse and dry the area where you need to apply the Elastoplast Wide Fixation Tape. Ensure it is free from oils, moisturizers, or perspiration.
- Cut the tape: Measure and cut the desired length of Elastoplast Wide Fixation Tape using scissors. Ensure the tape is slightly longer than the area you want to cover.
- Apply the tape: Once you have the correct length, peel off the protective layer, and apply the tape onto the skin. Do not stretch the tape as you apply it. Smooth it down and make sure it is adhering properly.
- Correct Position: Make sure the joint or the part of the body where the tape has been applied is in a neutral position.
- Check regularly: Regularly check to ensure the tape is not causing discomfort or skin irritation. If irritation or discomfort happens, discontinue use and contact a healthcare professional.
- Please keep in mind to avoid applying the tape on open wounds, infected areas or if you have sensitive skin prone to allergies.
- Elastoplast Wide Fixation Tape is not a product with specific "ingredients" as it's not a food or cosmetic product. It's a medical supply, mainly made of viscose, polyamide, and acrylic adhesive.
Side Effects & Cautions
- Allergic Reaction: Some individuals may have an allergic reaction to the adhesive used in Elastoplast Wide Fixation Tape. Symptoms may include redness, itching, swelling, blistering, or skin peeling.
- Skin Irritation: The tape may cause skin irritation, particularly if left on the skin for an extended period.
- Impaired Circulation: If the tape is applied too tightly, it could restrict blood flow and cause numbness or tingling.
- Infection: If used on a wound, poor hygiene can promote infection.
- Skin Damage: Prolonged use or incorrect removal of the tape can cause skin damage.
- Always check the product packing or consult a healthcare professional before use to ensure the appropriate application. If any adverse reaction occurs, immediately cease use and seek medical attention.
- Use only as directed.
- Avoid use on open wounds, inflamed or irritated skin.
- Do not use in case of allergy to any of the tape's components.
- Avoid use on sensitive, delicate skin or on children under the age of 2.
- Seek medical advice immediately if any skin irritation or allergic reaction occurs.
- To prevent skin injury, never wrap the tape too tightly.
- Do not reuse the tape to prevent contamination.
- Do not use past expiration date.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.