First Aid

Dettol Antiseptic-Disinfectant

£1.99
Size: 250ml
Order within hr mins secs for delivery on
Monday, 22 July 2024

How to use
  • Dettol Antiseptic Disinfectant can be used in several ways such as the following:
  • Wound Cleaning: Dilute 1 tablespoon of Dettol in 250ml of water, then apply gently on the wound using a piece of clean cloth or cotton wool. Pat dry the area and cover with sterile bandage if necessary. Do not use on broken skin or wounds that are deep.
  • Surface Cleaning: For disinfecting hard surfaces, dilute 1 capful of Dettol to 400ml of water. Ensure you clean the surface thoroughly with this mixture.
  • Household Linens and Nappy Wash: For linen, napkins, or other laundry items, use one capful in 500ml of water. Soak the items in this solution for approximately 10 minutes.
  • Bathing: To refresh and sanitize the skin, add 1-2 capfuls to bath water. Please note this is not recommended for newborns.
  • Shaving: For men who want a hygienic shave, add 2 capfuls of Dettol to shaving water.
  • Always remember to use this product with caution, as it is a strong antiseptic. Avoid contact with eyes and if the product gets into the eyes, rinse thoroughly with water. If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately.
Main Ingredients
  • Chloroxylenol, Pine Oil, Castor Oil, Caramel, Isopropyl Alcohol, Water
Side Effects & Cautions
Side Effects:
  • Do not ingest: Consumption can lead to nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
  • Avoid contact with eyes: Can cause severe eye irritation or damage.
  • Skin irritation: Prolonged exposure can cause skin irritation or allergic reactions.
  • Respiratory issues: Inhaling fumes may lead to respiratory discomfort and coughing.
  • Keep out of children's reach: Accidental ingestion or direct contact with skin or eyes can be harmful.
  • Do not use undiluted: Using Dettol undiluted can cause chemical burns.
  • Stop use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
Cautions:
  • For external use only.
  • Keep out of reach of children.
  • Avoid contact with eyes and if it occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
  • Do not use on broken skin or wounds without medical advice.
  • If swallowed or ingested, seek medical attention immediately.
  • If you experience any allergic reaction or skin irritation, stop using and consult a doctor.
  • Store in a cool, dry place away from heat or open flame.
  • Do not mix with other chemicals or cleaning products.
  • Ensure proper dilution before use as per instructions.
Patient Information Leaflet
Size: 250ml