Care Potassium Citrate Mixture 200ml
Friday, 01 March 2024
Alleviate the discomfort of cystitis with Care Potassium Citrate Mixture 200ml. Specially formulated to neutralize urinary acidity, it offers quick and effective symptom relief, making it a trusted choice.
How to use
- Shake the bottle well before each use to ensure that the medication is evenly distributed.
- In general, adults, the elderly, and children over 12 years are typically directed to take 2 to 3 spoonfuls (10-15 ml) three times a day, after meals.
- For children aged from 6 to 12 years, the usual dose is 1 to 2 spoonfuls (5-10 ml) three times a day, after meals.
- Ensure to use the measuring spoon provided for accurate dosage.
- The liquid should be taken orally, by mouth. It can be taken as is or mixed with a small amount of water, if preferred.
- The mixture should be taken after meals; do not take on an empty stomach.
- If a dose is missed, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's nearing the time for the next dose, skip the missed one and continue with the regular schedule. Do not double up to compensate for the missed dose.
- Continue to take Potassium Citrate Mixture for as long as recommended by your doctor.
- Remember, it's essential to follow the instructions of your healthcare professional regarding the dosage and duration of medication.
- NB: This medication should not be used by individuals who have hyperkalemia (high levels of potassium in their blood), kidney failure, urinary tract infections, or those who are dehydrated. It may not be suitable for people taking certain other medications or those with certain medical conditions. Always consult with healthcare provider before starting any new medication.
- Potassium Citrate, Citric Acid Monohydrate, Sucrose, Lemon Oil, Quillaia Extract.
Side Effects & Cautions
- Allergic Reaction: Stop using the medicine immediately if you witness symptoms of an allergic reaction such as rash, itching, swelling, and difficulty in breathing.
- Kidney Disease: In case of any kidney disease or disorder, use of potassium citrate should be under strict doctor supervision.
- Imbalanced Electrolyte Levels: It can cause high levels of potassium in your blood (hyperkalemia), leading to fatal heart problems.
- Dehydration: The medicine should be taken with caution in case of severe dehydration as it may cause kidney stones.
- Drug Interaction: Potassium Citrate might interact with other medications such as water pills, heart medication, ACE inhibitors, which might cause side effects.
- Always consult healthcare professionals before starting any new medication.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Follow the prescribed dose; do not overdose.
- Avoid using if you are allergic to any component of the mixture.
- Consult a doctor if suffering from kidney disease, heart disease, or high blood pressure.
- Not recommended for children unless advised by the doctor.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult a healthcare professional before use.
- Avoid taking alongside other potassium supplements or salt substitutes unless instructed by a doctor.
- Report any unusual side effects to your doctor immediately.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight.