Benadryl Allergy Relief Capsules
Monday, 04 March 2024
How to use
- Always follow the exact dosage and instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist.
- The usual dose is one to two capsules (25mg - 50mg) every four to six hours for adults and children aged over 12.
- These capsules should be taken orally with a glass of water, preferably with or after a meal.
- Do not take more than six capsules (150mg) in 24 hours.
- If a dose is missed, take it when you remember. But if it's almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Never take a double dose to make up for a forgotten one.
- If symptoms persist for more than two days or worsen, stop using it and consult your doctor.
- Never exceed the recommended dose and do not use it for long periods of time unless directed by your doctor.
- Always read the patient information leaflet in the pack for more instructions, warnings, and possible side effects. Speak to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Acrivastine, Lactose, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Magnesium Stearate, Gelatin, Colorant (E171, E129, E110, E133).
Side Effects & Cautions
- Possible side effects include drowsiness, dizziness, constipation, stomach upset, blurred vision, or dry mouth/nose/throat.
- Avoid use if allergic to any ingredient in Benadryl Allergy Relief Capsules.
- Be careful driving or operating machinery as this medication may cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- Avoid concurrent use with alcohol and other sedatives, as they can increase drowsiness.
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you have medical history of breathing problems, glaucoma, heart problems, high blood pressure, liver disease, or seizures before using this medication.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should seek approval from a healthcare provider before use as this medication can pass into breast milk.
- Not recommended for use in children under 6 years unless directed by a doctor.
- Inform your doctor about all the medications you currently take including prescription, non-prescription, and herbal products as mixing medications can increase the risk of side effects.
- Remember, this is not a complete list of side effects or precautions. You should read the product packaging and leaflets provided with the medication, and discuss any concerns or questions with your healthcare provider.
- Avoid driving, operating machinery, or any hazardous tasks - these capsules may cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol – it can enhance the sedative effects.
- Consult a doctor before use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have serious medical conditions like liver or kidney disease.
- Avoid if you are allergic to diphenhydramine or the other components.
- Not suitable for children under the age of 12.
- Overdose could lead to serious health issues - only take the recommended dose.
- Note: This advice is a general guideline. Always read the package leaflet or consult your doctor or pharmacist.