Tuesday, 27 February 2024
How to use
- Wash your hands before and after using this medication.
- If you're applying it for external hemorrhoids, apply a small amount to the affected area and gently rub in until fully absorbed, usually twice daily in the morning and before bedtime, or as directed by your doctor.
- If you're using it for internal hemorrhoids, you should usually use the applicator in the package. After thoroughly cleaning the applicator, prepare the ointment tube for usage by puncturing the seal on the tube opening. Attach the applicator to tube and fill with the ointment. Gently insert the applicator tip into the anus and push the plunger to release the medication. Clean the applicator thoroughly after each use.
- Do not use more of this medication than prescribed or use it for longer than 7 days unless directed to do so by your doctor.
- If your condition persists or worsens after the treatment period, or if bleeding continues, contact your doctor immediately.
- Zinc Oxide, Bismuth Subgallate, Balsam Peru, Bismuth Oxide, Magnesium Stearate, Petroleum Jelly
Side Effects & Cautions
- Anusol Ointment might cause skin rash, itching, redness, swelling, dryness, and skin irritation at the site of application. If these side effects persist or worsen, seek medical attention immediately. Rarely, it can cause serious allergic reactions like rash, itching, swelling in the face or throat, severe dizziness or trouble breathing. It should not be used if allergic to any of its ingredients. Always consult your doctor before usage if you're pregnant, nursing or have any pre-existing health conditions.
- External use only, avoid contact with eyes or mucous membranes.
- Do not use if allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Do not use if you have a history of rectal bleeding or if the cause of the hemorrhoids is unknown.
- Not recommended for use in children under 12 years old unless directed by a doctor.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult with a healthcare professional before use.
- Discontinue use if symptoms worsen or do not improve within 7 days.
- Always wash hands before and after applying the ointment.
- Do not use if the seal is broken or missing.